The Royal Mint Experience – a ‘mint’ family day out
For those looking for a family day out over the summer holidays,
The Royal Mint Experience is the perfect choice - allowing visitors
to discover the unexpected wonder of coins and find out how they
make their way into pockets and purses around the world!
Located in Llantrisant, near Cardiff, The Royal Mint Experience
will give visitors first-hand knowledge of the manufacturing
journey of a coin, while a series of static and interactive
exhibitions will bring the 1,000-year-old organisation's rich
heritage to life.
During the summer holidays The Royal Mint Experience is also
running a 'Six weeks of Summer' event programme with different
family-friendly activities taking place each week to keep visitors
of all ages entertained. Events include:
• 28th July & 1st August from 11am-3pm - Art
Workshop with Re-Create
• 3rd August at 11am, 12.30pm & 2.30pm -
Bubbles & Balloons Science Show
• 8th August from 11am-3pm - Making Medals
• 9th August from 11am-4pm - Olympics
• 11th August from 11am - 4pm - Shakespeare
• 15th August from 11am - 3pm - Mask
• 16th August from 11am - 3pm - Clay Modelling
• 18th August at 11am, 12.30pm & 2.30pm -
Who wants to be a Super Hero?
• 22nd August from 11am - 4pm - Meet Peter
Rabbit & hear his tales
• 23rd August from 11am - 3pm - Make A Money
• 24th August from 11am - 3pm - Scrap Play with
• 26th August from 11am - 3pm - Mr Phoebus -
Victorian Penny Farthing Rider
Open daily 9:30am to 6:30pm - Tickets are available to pre book
now from www.royalmint.com/experience.